ADULT EDUCATION BUDGET PROVIDER INFORMATION
10 targets of what we want to achieve with the Adult Education Budget
- Residents furthest from the workplace progress into sustainable jobs
- Reduce social exclusion and inequality with a focus on the role of digital
- More residents access their statutory entitlements
- Tailored programmes supporting those furthest from the world of work
- Residents working longer acquire skills to get better jobs
- Our young people have higher levels of aspiration and attainment
- More residents go into employment, traineeships, apprenticeships and further learning
- Residents upskill and reskill so they enter and progress in employment
- Residents have access to good jobs with better pay
- Employers with vacancies have access to a skilled workforce
How we want to work with Providers
- Strategic high trust relationships focused on what progression residents can make over a three year period – supported by Delivery Plans
- Knitting together the wider skills and employment offer including traineeships, apprenticeships, employment programmes, wrap-around support and the skills for jobs response to the COVID 19 pandemic
- Collaborative working – MCA and providers and provider to provider
- ‘Place making’ – a strong sense of identity and accountability for delivering and making a difference ‘in a place’. Requires networking with other South Yorkshire providers, employers and partners including local authorities to ensure provision fits needs
- Recognition that this is a transition year – we want to listen, learn and improve the skills offer available to residents
- Transparent and open – flag issues early
Download the AEB Onboarding Slide deck (PPT, 51Mb)
SYMCAs Funding and Performance Management Rules set out the funding and performance management rules that apply to all providers of education and training who receive AEB funding from the South Yorkshire Mayoral Combined Authority.
Frequently Asked Questions following the Onboarding Event:
A: Yes, the slides show how data completed in your ILR will reach us via the ESFA. Further detail will be provided via the Payment and Performance Management Framework.
A: Payment will be made to providers on the 15th working day of each month, paid by BACS, with a remittance sent to each provider.
A: Community learning grant allocation shown separately to the AEB allocation but paid on the same date. The Authority has requested, where possible, that your AEB grant allocation should wherever possible be coded as formula funded AEB, if the ESFA had previously allocated the funding as Community Learning then please code as set out in the slides.
A: Please see the slides for information re coding of the ILR. Different coding processes exist for Grant Providers and then for each Procured Lot.
A: Please see the Contract and Performance Management Slide for a summary. Additional information is available in the Funding and Performance Management Rules.
Full question: Q: Do we show a logo for Sheffield City Region/ South Yorkshire Mayoral Combined Authority and if so what? Are there any specific marketing protocols to adhere to? Branding requirements? Sign/off process / trust. Case study / news story requirements and so on…
A: A full marketing toolkit will be provided, that explains processes and protocols along with how and when to apply the logo. This is under construction due to the SYMCA undergoing a new logo and name change at this time. We certainly encourage the sharing of good case stories.
A: No, not for provision commissioned by the SY MCA. You may continue to need to display ESFA materials if you also deliver provision commissioned nationally.
A: Yes, providers will be able to submit up to R14 but this should only contain data not available at R12 or R13. We expect amendments to data to be minimal.
A: No, in 2021/22 the focus should be on provision which will enable residents get a job, so statutory entitlements and provision linked to our employment sectors: Health, Public Services and Care: Engineering and Manufacturing Technologies; Construction, Planning and the Built Environment; Information and Communication Technology; Retail and Commercial Enterprise and Business, Administration and Law. Noting these will be kept under review.
Full question: Q: In the event that the profile of delivery changes (e.g. a drop below profile in L2 regulated due to a spike in learners with L2 entitlement) is there opportunity during contract management to discuss and explore viring of profile fields to reflect?
A: The expectation is that your agreed delivery profile is delivered. We will be discussing the mix and balance of provision in your delivery plans as part of your performance reviews and if agreed with the Authority changes can be made.
A: Please get in touch with the AEB Contracts team (email@example.com) who will be able to support.
Full question: Q: Could we also have a PowerPoint version of the slides to share with the finance teams? Particularly the ILR bit which was very useful and would save a lot of time for our system developers?
A: Yes, that is now available on the website - you can download the AEB onboarding slide deck (PPT)