BUSINESS ADVISORY BOARD
The South Yorkshire Business Advisory Board is committed to growing South Yorkshire’s economy and driving business growth. It is made up of some of region’s brightest and best business leaders, who work together with the mayor to challenge, champion success and ensure the business voice is heard loud and clear.
The Board is co-chaired by Louisa Harrison-Walker, representing the three South Yorkshire Chambers of Commerce, and Tariq Shah OBE, Director of the Vigo Group – a leading, sustainability-driven, transformational property enterprise.
Members of the Board are:
- Co-chair: Louisa Harrison-Walker representing the three South Yorkshire Chambers (Barnsley & Rotherham, Doncaster, and Sheffield)
- Co-chair: Tariq Shah OBE, Director, Vigo Group
- Rachel Abbott representing the Company of Cutlers
- Dawn Huntrod representing MakeUK
- Paula Gouldthorpe representing the Federation of Small Businesses (FSB)
- Angela Foulkes representing the South Yorkshire Skills Advisory Board (SYSAB)
- Liz Blackshaw representing the Northern Trade Union Congress
- Sherry Kothari, Chief Executive, Plasma 4
- Roz Davies, Chief Executive, Green Estate
- David Cross, Chief Executive and Architect, Sky-House
- Richard Gould, Sales Director, Metlase
- Ken Perritt , Senior Director, GXO Logistics
- Beckie Hart representing the Confederation of British Industry (CBI)
The board will meet six times a year. Its role is to shape South Yorkshire’s thinking on short and long-term issues of importance to businesses and the region’s economic future, ensuring these are heard and considered by the MCA to inform its decisions.
It will deep dive into the urgent and important issues that face our region. This will provide much-needed insight to help shape and design innovative policies and programmes, and positively challenge our organisation and our partners. This will help to ensure that local support really works for our region’s businesses and communities.